Power Tools is an extension application for Microsoft Visual Studio. It is free to download, and is developed by Microsoft.
Extension for Visual Studio - A set of extensions to Visual Studio 2015 Community (and above) which improves developer productivity.
Here is a summary of the features, from the website
- Peek Help
- Solution Error Visualizer
- Structure Visualizer
- Double click to maximize windows
- Timestamp margin
- Quick tasks – Edit Present On
- Ctrl + Click to Peek Definition / Go To Definition
- Recently Closed Documents
- Match Margin
- Power Commands context menu cleanup
- Syntactic Line Compression
- Quick Tasks
- Power Commands
- Middle-Click Scrolling
- Custom Document Well
- Tools Options Support
- HTML Copy
- Fix Mixed Tabs
- Align Assignments
- Column Guides
The specific features I find helpful are the reference help text.